10/06/2012

Portraits of Francis Bacon

Here’s a collection of portraits I did of Francis Bacon, my all-time favorite painter. Whenever I feel lost in my painting, I look at his work. He is so intuitive, he has so much confidence in painterly “mistakes” that it becomes contagious. I can’t help then but to renew the bond with true painting.
The way he distorts the body with such sumptuous violence leaves me speechless. It makes each of his paintings a Greek tragedy. A tragedy that does not rely on a plot but rather on an instant visual impact. A tragedy without words.



 Mathieu Laca, Francis Bacon, 2012


 

Mathieu Laca, Francis Bacon, 2011, private collection



Mathieu Laca, Francis Bacon, 2011, private collection



Mathieu Laca, Francis Bacon, 2011



Mathieu Laca, Francis Bacon, 2011, private collection



***


Francis Bacon in his Studio



Francis Bacon, Figure Study for a Crucifixion, 1963

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire